Review: Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation

Wednesday, February 3, 2010
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation

Shade: NW15

Swatch of this shade below:



What is it?


A creamy gel based foundation. My particular shade is NW15. The formula is waterproof, long wearing and has SPF 15. You can ask a MAC artist at any MAC store or counter to advise you on the right shade for your skin tone. They will even give you a free sample if you’d like to try the product before you buy it. Just ask at the store/counter for a sample. I asked for a sample before I bought this product and my sample jar still has lots of product in it. I ended up purchasing the foundation before I ran out :)





How much is it?

Fairly expensive at £22.50 but well worth the price in my opinion.


What is the coverage like?


This foundation provides medium to high coverage. It does exactly this in my opinion. It covered the natural redness in my cheeks very well and made my skin look picture perfect. It covers nasty red spots nicely too!


It should be mentioned that this foundation is more suited for dryer skin as it has a moisturising and creamy texture.


How do I use it?


Best applied with a foundation brush or clean fingers in my opinion. The important thing to remember with this foundation (and this applies to mineral and liquid foundations too) is you shouldn’t be heavy handed when you apply it because by doing so you can end up removing the foundation instead of applying it. The formula is very thick and creamy so a little goes a long way.


Any scent?


No, none at all


What's the lasting power like?

It's as to be expected from a MAC foundation - excellent. I wore this when dancing and it didn't budge.

Buy again?


YES! I have finally found my favourite MAC foundation! This is going to be a staple in my makeup bag from now on. I love it.