Review: Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I bought this foundation nearly two weeks ago now and I have used it quite a few times. Here's my review of it :)


The shade I purchased was 'Creamy Ivory'.

The Product:




What is it?

This is a cream foundation with a silky/creamy texture.


How do I use it?


You can use a sponge, a brush or your fingers to apply it. The product as you can see, comes with a sponge inside the case:



How much does it cost?

A little pricey at £11.99 from Superdrug though in comparison to high end department store foundations like MAC, that price is pretty damn good. (Most high end foundations set you back at least £19 upward.
) I believe both Boots and Superdrug offer a free Max Factor concealer when you purchase any Max Factor foundation too so score :D (The concealer is actually pretty good too.)


What is the coverage like?

I have a fair complexion with a little redness in my cheeks. I found this covered my redness very well and it made my skin tone look fresh, picture perfect and really even. The foundation itself claims to offer medium to heavy coverage. I think it is definitely true to its word. (This coming from somebody who is very accustomed to using high end foundation!) I am in love with the coverage of this. The formula is also like a dream. It's creamy and glides on like butter! It's perfect, even when you have a cluster of bumps on your face like me, it will still smooth over them nicely.


What's the staying power like?

Great! It lasted me all day! I do have patches on my face that get both dry and oily and I can say it worked very well for both areas of my face.

Any scent?

No, none at all.


What about the packaging?

I actually had some issues trying to open the bottom compartment to retrieve the sponge as I couldn't find the ridge that allows you to open the case. The packaging is split into two parts. The top part is a glass round jar that contains the foundation itself and you twist this to open it. The bottom is a shiny black plastic case that you flip open to retrieve/store the sponge. This is good because it prevents your sponge from spreading grot onto your foundation but can also be viewed as a hassle since you have to put the packaging back together to store it which means attaching the glass part to the plastic part. I wasn't particularly bothered by this personally though.