Haul

Monday, September 8, 2008

Today I haven't been feeling very well. Without wanting to gross you all out I am suffering menstrual cramps at the moment. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, earlier I decided that a little gentle exercise might help me and I walked into town. So I managed to persuade my mum to let me have some money and off I went.

It was well worth the trip! I'm so excited with my purchases, I couldn't wait to show you.

I went to Boots (which, I hear, has now come to the USA :) ) and I was browsing Rimmel lipsticks and did not notice there was a 3 for 2 offer until I got to the till and the lady working at the store told me about it. So I then had to go back and pick another lipstick which of course didn't take me long ;) Haha.

Actually I did look at the sign that stated the offer but I thought it was for that extra shiny lip gloss that they're selling at the moment since the sign was right above them on the display stand. (Which by the way smells really good! I didn't buy it but I will be doing so in future) The 3 for 2 is actually on ALL Rimmel products at the moment so you might want to take high advantage of it!
I got three lipsticks for £8. BARGAIN!

I was looking for long wearing lip colour but Maybelline's Super Stay costs £7 (I've heard it's very drying too but I've never tried it), Max Factor/No7 lipsticks are just ridiculously priced (£9.25? No thanks!) and all of them were out of my budget. Then I ended up looking at Rimmel's.

These lipsticks are supposed to last 8 hours which is fine with me. I wanted some for my nights out and I'm usually out for around 6-7. I also wanted the lighter shade to either wear with a smokey eye or wear in the day. I will be testing the wear-ability as I wear the ones I bought. I am SO in love with the colours!


206 'Nude Pink'




006 'Pink Champagne'




138 'Dare'




Swatches





1: Nude Pink
2: Pink Champagne
3: Dare


Whilst I was at the store browsing the lipsticks I was approached by a lady who asked me if I wanted her £5 coupon which entitles you to £5 off No7/Ruby Millie products. Boots give them out to you if you spend £5 or more in store. Use them to your advantage because No7 and Ruby and Millie are expensive brands and you can get a whole chunk of money off them. It was completely out of the blue and I asked if she was sure and she said she didn't want to spend anymore and had no use for it so I was EXTREMELY happy and used the coupon to get £5 off a No7 concealer. It originally costs £7.50 but I got it for £2.50 :) This actually cost me less than a Collection 2000 concealer and it's a much better brand. I ended up getting another £5 coupon which I plan to use on Ruby and Millie when I am shopping next. I wanted to wait because the Boots near me doesn't stock R+M so I'll have to visit a larger store to find it.

No7 Quick Cover Concealer Stick - 'Fair'





Reviews will be coming up for ALL of these products in this haul as soon as I have had a couple of weeks use out of them. I have already tried them but want to allow a few weeks to make a better judgement because I feel you can only usually see a product's true form after a few week's use.

However, from the swatches so far I can say that the lipsticks feel very soft and are well pigmented as you can see in the photos.

I have actually tried the concealer too and it blends very well and covers redness really well too. It's also very soft in texture.

Both the lipstick and concealer are non-greasy.