Witch Natural Beauty Stick Review

Tuesday, December 16, 2008
As stated in my 'COMING UP' entry, I have been testing the following products for the past month or so:

Witch Natural Beauty spot treatment stick
Superdrug Vitamin facial cleansing wash
MeMeMe Pencil Eyeliner

(NB: I have yet to try the Superdrug exfoliation wash because I am still using my St Ives and didn't want to open a new bottle of product until this one is finished.)

So the next few entries will be individual reviews of these products to keep everything nice and neat. Enjoy :)

Witch Natural Beauty Stick



Can be purchased from any good drugstore/supermarket for approximately £3. I got mine at Superdrug.



Price
It varies depending on where you buy it but I paid approximately £3 from Superdrug.

Packaging

You get 10g of product in a small, palm sized chunky tube. The product comes in stick form and is clear blue in colour. It has a twist cap and to get the product you have to push it up from the bottom. The only downfall to the packaging is that once you have pushed the product up there is no way to push it back down other than by replacing the cap and pushing down, then twisting to secure it which forces the product back down into the tube. It works just fine but it would be easier to have a retractable pump as the lid tends to cause a bit of scratching on the stick and it's a bit fiddly.

Scent

Since it's a Witch product it has the familiar Witch Hazel scent. To me it also has a hint of tea tree. It has a very clean, pleasant smell.

What It Does

It claims to breakdown excess oils and fight the bacteria that cause spots. It can be used for all skin types but states that it is especially effective for oily/combination skin. It is not tested on animals.

How To Use It

You push the product up from the bottom of the tube and apply on to your spots. Do this in a dabbing motion. It states that you should do this as soon as you see your spots appear and you can apply it as often as you like.

How Well Does It Work?

The main reason I bought this was because I wanted something to fight the blemishes that I get around the time of my periods and because I wear foundation quite a lot and wanted something to prevent the bacteria on my face spreading and causing more blemishes when I had my breakouts.

When I applied the product the one thing I noticed aside from the pleasant smell was how cool it felt on my skin. I liked that because it means if you have a sore spot or an inflamed spot this will definitely help to reduce the redness and the swelling. It is also very moist despite looking like a dry stick of product.

My skin type is combination but I get more dryness on my skin than anything (but there are other factors that make it combination) and I noticed this dried my blemishes up straight away. It's effective but because my skin is dry in places it made my skin so dry it flaked a little bit around the blemish so if you have dry skin be wary of that and make sure your skin is moisturised before you use this. If you have oily skin this will be more than great for you because it'll help control the oiliness around your blemishes very well.

It's also important to dab the stick on and not rub it on. Don't use the stick like you would a roll on deoderant as doing so can leave a white powdery residue when the product dries. Just dab onto the spot once or twice and that will prevent this from happening.

I used this four to five times during the day and it dried up my blemishes within a day. It didn't get rid of them but it did help reduce their appearence very quickly. I just also want to mention that I drink lots of water so I believe this would've assisted the stick in clearing my skin up within this time.

Overall I really liked it. It cooled the swelling of my spots making them less red which made them easier to cover up with make up and it's antibacterial too which is a great bonus. It worked fairly quickly but in order to speed up the clearing process you must use this at least four to five times a day. I used this once, twice and three times on different days to test it and I found it was most effective when used more frequently during the day. When I used it less than four times it only barely did anything but dry my spots a little.

The fact that it comes in such a small tube makes it easy to slip into your bag so you can carry it with you to keep applying it during the day :)