Collection 2000 Sheer (Translucent) Loose Powder

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder in 'Translucent'

Price: £4.99 from Superdrug












Packaging
The powder comes in a sifter jar which is basically a make up jar that is covered with a plastic lid that has little holes drilled into the top to allow powder to come through. Most convenient way of packaging loose powder as it allows you to just tip out what you want and it saves a heck of a lot of waste. There is 20g of product in this jar so there's a lot of powder for what you pay :)






Scent
This product has no scent.

Texture/Colour

The powder itself is pale beige in appearance but it's translucent so it is practically colourless when applied. This is useful because it will matify your face but won't alter the colour of your foundation/blusher.
From the appearence I presumed it would feel a bit chalky but it didn't. It felt very soft.

What Does It Do?
Translucent powder is used to set your facial make up. Some also reduce shine on oily skin. Powder basically gives your face a matt finish and helps your foundation to last longer throughout the day. Some powders also reduce shine and have SPF. This one contains SPF that protects against UVA and UVB, silk and vitamin E. It is translucent which means it is colourless when it goes on and won't change the colour of your facial make up.

How To Use It

Tap a small amount of powder into the lid using the sifter jar and pick up with a powder brush. Tap/blow off any excess and apply to your face using circular buffing motions. Blend carefully along the jaw line. Remember a good translucent powder should never leave streaks on your face.


How Well Does It Work?

When I bought this I figured it would be your average joe powder. It is after all Collection 2000. Not that I have anything against drugstore brands but this brand in particular have really turned it around. I expected it to be crappy in comparison to more expensive powders but this isn't true at all. The quality of their products has got SO much better. This powder blends beautifully. It really mattifies the face too. After I applied it I felt my skin and it just left my skin feeling unbelievably soft. I did not expect a drugstore loose powder to be so good.

Buy Again?


It only costs £4.99 and you get a huge 20g jar for your money. It worked wonderfully for me and kept my face matt all day. I am definitely buying it again.