Sparkly January Make Up Favourites

Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Hi everyone!

So I thought I'd do a January favourites entry.

These are all the products I have been absolutely loving lately (particularly during the month of January!).

Hope you enjoy!


Foundation

Okay so first I am going to start with foundations. I have been using mostly these two foundations during January.

The first is Maybelline's Superstay Foundation. My shade is 'Light Beige' which sounds wrong for me since I usually use Ivory shades but this actually fits my skin tone well. This foundation has beautiful coverage! It also feels pretty soft on the skin.




Another firm favourite of mine which I have used before (this is my second tub) is Max Factor's Miracle Touch. My shade is 'Classic Ivory'. This foundation is buildable and has a light to medium coverage. It's very natural looking but it covers pink/red areas well. Gives a lovely, natural finish.





Bronze/Blush

I have to be honest, I rarely use bronzers but when I do, I usually choose lighter ones that give me more of a 'glow' rather than a 'tan'.


Accessorize Baked Bronzer: Golden Sand / Shade 1







Accessorize Merged Blusher: Starlet









Eye Shadows:

Now on to eye shadows! I've been a huge fan of Sue Moxley products for a long time now and the 'Famous' line she carries just got a revamp. I got these trios a little while ago and started using them more recently. The colours are so pretty! They're highly pigmented and blend beautifully too.

Left: Azure

Right: Midnight










Superdrug released a line from Accessorize (the accessories store) suitably named 'Accessorize' and the eye shadows from this line are BEAUTIFUL. They are so cheap (£4 and under!) and I adore them.

They come in three different types (excluding palettes) - mono, merged and baked duo. Here I have two merged monos and one baked duo.

Far Right: Moon Dust (Merged) Middle: Gun Metal (Merged) Far Left: Back Stage Pass (Baked Duo)









Urban Decay NAKED Palette

This palette, I am told, has been rather scarce in stores and online as it keeps selling out very quickly and Urban Decay have had problems with re-stocking because they switched suppliers (this information was taken from the U.D Facebook Fan Page). I feel lucky that I have owned mine now for a few months and didn't have any problems picking one up. Regardless this palette is worth all of the hype. I use it practically on a daily basis because it has a gorgeous selection of neutral colours. LOVE IT!









Too Faced Naked Eye Palette

Yes, when I saw this next palette I did a little double take. But I'm going to save the stupid U.D comparisons on this one because it is a palette on its own. It has some really gorgeous neutral shadows though!









Eyeliner

MAC 'Blacktrack' Fluidline

A lot of people rave about this eyeliner and I am one of those people. I will never use another eyeliner as long as I live because this one is made of awesome.










Mascaras:

Two of my favourite mascaras. Telescopic explosion takes time to apply but it's SO worth it. Fanned out, long length lashes. I adore it.

And False Lash Effect is wonderful for volumised lashes!


Left: L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

Right: Max Factor 'False Lash Effect'





Max Factor 'False Lash Effect' Brush: (Of course it has mascara on it, it is after all from a tube of mascara ;) )





L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Brush: (Of course it has mascara on it, it is after all from a tube of mascara ;) )








Lipsticks:

I admit, these lipsticks took some time to grow on me. Well, the 'Rose Pearl' one did but still. However, now I absolutely love them. The colours are so pretty and the formula is moisturising but still pigmented. And they don't leave residue which is a massive bonus.


Left: Rose Pearl

Right: Pink Pearl









So those are my January favourites. If you got through all that then well done! Hope you enjoyed! :)