Superdrug and Boots Haul With Reviews

Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Hey all. I just wanted to share with you the stuff that I bought today. I got 2 nail polishes from Rimmel for 3.99, No17 Black Perfect Definition eyeliner for £2.49 pencil in 'Onyx', Nivea face and body moisturiser with jojoba oil for £1.55 and vitamin E and a Ruby and Millie slanted liner brush for £5. I'm going to offer photos and a review of everything. Enjoy!


The nail polishes (On the left is 'Tangerine Queen' number 050 and on the right is 'Green Grass' number 236. Two for £3.99 at Superdrug):





My whole hand wearing the nail polishes:




Close up:





Nail Polish Review:

Highly pigmented. What you see on my nails is only two coats of the polish applied in one go. They dry really fast (under 5 minutes) and go on smoothly. Rimmel claim the polishes are long lasting and chip resistant so I will test that out in the next week and get back to you on it. But I am completely in love with the colours. You can buy any two Rimmel polishes at Superdrug for 3.99 currently.



No 17 Perfect Definition Eye Liner in 'Onyx' (£2.49 from Boots)



No17 Eye Liner Review:

I have used No17 pencils for years now and I love them. The only downside is you do have to reapply before the end of the day if you wear this on your waterline. Otherwise it lasts all day and the colour is highly pigmented and nice and dark. I believe you can buy other colours in this pencil so if black is too harsh for you try another colour such as grey or brown. These pencils are soft and glide on quickly so you don't have to spend ages going over the same spot.



Ruby and Millie Slanted Liner Brush (£5 from Boots):




Ruby and Millie Slanted Liner Brush Review:

I have used Ruby and Millie brushes before and I can tell you the quality is really really good. I got a dome shaped shadow brush about a year ago and it hasn't shed one hair. I've used it a ton of times too. These brushes are really good. I have not tried this slanted liner one yet but I am guessing it's going to be great since I have already tried one from this brand before. In all honesty this cost me £5 which is three times as cheap as MAC brushes and it works exactly the same as my two MAC brushes that cost me about £18 each. If you can't afford MAC or hate spending too much on brushes then Ruby and Millie ones are an awesome bargain. I don't personally like Ruby Hammer that much, I've seen her on various shows and I know I don't know her in person but she irritates me with her harshness but I'll give it to this brand, it's damn good. Oh, and I will be using this in my next tutorial and explaining how to use it :)


Nivea Face and Body Moisturiser with Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E:



Review of Nivea Face and Body Moisturiser with Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E (£1.55 from Superdrug):

I happily found this today at Superdrug. It is the moisturiser I referred to in my entry about Skin Care which can be found here: http://sparklyshellcosmetics.blogspot.com/2008/06/skin-care.html
It sinks into the skin very quickly and does not have an overwhelming scent. It is a bit like baby cream or Sudo cream in all honesty but it's smooth and leaves your skin feeling really soft. It is also very light and has a soft texture so it won't be too oily on your skin. Works well mixed with foundation too.